Ameer E. Hassan, DO, FAHA, FSVIN
2121 Pease St.
Suite # 406
Harlingen, TX 78550
Phone: (956) 389-3600
Fax: (956) 389-3567
Medical School: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
Residency: Neurology - University Hospital
Fellowship: Vascular Neurology, Neurocritical Care, and Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology - University of Minnesota
Dr. Ameer E. Hassan is a triple board-certified neurologist who specializes in Stroke, Neurocritical care and Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology. Dr. Hassan is Head of the Neuroscience Department and an Associate Professor of Neurology and Radiology at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. He serves as the Director of Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology and Clinical Neuroscience Research at the Valley Baptist Neuroscience Institute.
Dr. Hassan received his medical degree from University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Osteopathic Medicine in Stratford, NJ and completed his Residency in Neurology at the University Hospital, Newark, NJ. He then completed a Fellowship in Stroke and Neurocritical Care as well as a Fellowship in Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN.
Dr. Hassan is known and recognized for his research in stroke, artificial intelligence, advanced imaging, antiplatelet use, advanced aneurysm and AVM treatment as well as intracranial stenting. He has published over 250 papers, abstracts and book chapters, and is currently the site Principal Investigator of eleven clinical trials and one of the Global Principal Investigators of the COMPLETE study.
Dr. Hassan is the President Elect of the Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (SVIN), previous Chair of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) Endovascular Section, previous chair of the South Texas Trauma Advisory Council – (Trac-V) Stroke Subcommittee. He is an active board member of the Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (SVIN) and the American Heart/American Stroke Association – Southwest Affiliate.
CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS
- Acute stroke treatment
- Mechanical Thrombectomy
- Transcatheter tPA thrombolysis
- Angioplasty and Stenting
- Carotid Artery and Vertebral Artery
- Intracranial artery angioplasty and stenting
- Cerebral Venous Sinus stenting
- Embolization Procedures for:
- Cerebral (Brain) Aneurysm
- Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)
- Dural Arteriovenous Malformation/fistula (dAVM/ dAVF)
- Spinal Arteriovenous Malformation/fistula
- Brain Tumors
- Head and Neck Tumors
- Severe nosebleeds (epistaxis)
- Cerebral angiograms
- Spinal angiograms
- Dr. Hassan focuses stroke research on issues close to home.
- Impact of procedural time on clinical and angiographic outcomes in patients with acute ischemic stroke receiving endovascular treatment
- Area Teacher Receives New Life Following Procedure in Harlingen
- Valley Baptist Neuroscience Institute Leading the Way in Neurology Treatments and Research
- How you can prevent a possible stroke
- Groundbreaking neuroscience procedures hit Valley
- Dr. Ameer Hassan Making History in Stroke Outcomes at Valley Baptist
- Valley Baptist Medical Center-Harlingen is one of first in Texas to use Surpass Streamline Flow Diverter to Treat Aneurysms
- Valley Baptist Physician Elected American Academy Of Neurology Section Chair learn more
- Valley Morning Star
- Click to view the video - Health Beat: RGV Research on Stroke Victims
- Click to view the video - Study: Patients can be treated up to 24 hours after stroke
Valley Baptist Medical Center: